Aefintyr Observations week of January 23rd, 2022

I worked on the bathhouse roof venting and went for a hike today. I was hiking earlier in the week on Thursday 1/27/2022 as well and put up several signs. On Thursday the temperature was dropping all day. The wind was coming from the northwest. While I was driving I got to watch the cold front come in and bring the blue sky. 

There were lots of tracks in the woods. They are continuing to collect on the canvas that was left by the last snow we had about a week ago. The snow continues to maintain a light powdery form and feels like walking on sand. Not the best snow for tracks but the amount of traffic is recorded well and the animal highways are now even clearer. I saw an interesting pattern and am unsure of what made it. I found several animals hairs along the track paths. I heard a woodpecker and tried to record it on my phone but was not successful. I saw 3 deer in the field as the sun was setting. 

The cedars have dropped a lot more cones. I found a tree that looked like it fell victim to the yellow bellied sap suckers. Completely covered in holes. I noticed several plants that still had their seeds attached including thistle and goldenrod. 










Comments